Enjoy some of the best flavors of summer with this quick, easy, vegetarian salad chock full of veggies!
For the Salad
- 3 cups green kale, roughly chopped
- 3 cups romaine hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 cooked corn on the cob, kernels sliced off (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)*
- 1 cup broccoli florettes, roughly chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, quartered and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 hard boiled eggs, halved and quartered
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly minced
For the Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients with half of the vinaigrette. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette as desired to serve.
My fave way to cook corn on the cob (other than the grill): preheat oven to 400°F. Keep the corn in it’s husk, place on a cooking tray, and cook 35-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Once it’s cool enough to handle, remove the husk and slice off the kernels.