With real pumpkin puree, this morning beverage is deliciously caffeinated autumn in a mug.
- 4 cups your favorite medium to dark roast coffee
- 2 cups milk (I used nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (depending on how sweet you like your lattes)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat milk, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in corn starch until completely combined. Scald mixture but do not boil.
- Stir coffee into pumpkin and milk mixture. Using a frother, immersion blender, standing blender*, or a whisk, blend until frothy. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour into favorite mug, top with a little foamed milk or a dollop of whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon and a little raw cane sugar. Serve immediately.
If using a standing blender, be sure to let the latte cool somewhat before blending. If it’s still steaming hot, the pressure of the heat will blow the top right off of the blender when you press blend!
This recipe makes about 4 servings, I like to make a big batch and save it for the next day. You can heat it up on the stove, in the microwave, or drink it chilled (just make sure to mix it first)!