Quick and easy balsamic garlic chicken with tomato garlic pan sauce topped with mozzarella cheese all done in one pot! Perfect for a week night dinner (gluten free).
For the Chicken Marinade
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
For Tomatoes and Sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil + extra for garnish
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag, coat chicken in marinade ingredients. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Combine all the ingredients for the tomatoes and sauce, except for the mozzarella cheese, in the pan. Place marinated chicken on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink (temps at 165°F). Remove from oven. Change oven heat to broil.
- Top each piece of chicken a quarter of the mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven and broil 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with extra basil. Add salt and pepper to sauce as desired. Ladle sauce and tomatoes over mozzarella chicken to serve.
Serve with your favorite sides! We like to eat this dish with a light side salad, roasted vegetables, or a whole wheat grain.