Gluten and dairy free, one pot meal done in just 30 minutes! Made with eggs, bacon, asparagus, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- 6-8 eggs
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 lb campari tomatoes (can also use halved cherry tomatoes)
- 8 ounces whole, baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 5-6 slices bacon, halved to make 10-12 smaller slices
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chives, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Avocado slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Toss mushrooms, olive oil, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper together on the tray. Spread out across the tray and place slices of bacon around mushrooms.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until mushrooms and bacon have released their juices and the bacon has started to crisp up.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven (there will be a lot of juices!). Add the asparagus and tomatoes to the pan. Gently stir them in the juices on the pan. Create 6-8 wells for the eggs. Crack one egg into each well.
- Gently place the pan back into the oven and bake another 13-15 minutes, until eggs are cooked as desired and asparagus is tender.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Top with fresh avocado, chives, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.