Easy, flavorful, better than the restaurant beef and broccoli all done one pot style in the slow cooker!
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak, thinly sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 lb broccoli florettes (about 2 heads of broccoli)
- Thinly sliced chives and sesame seeds to garnish
- Cooked white rice to serve
- In a large slow cooker, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic and brown sugar.
- Add the beef, stirring until covered with the sauce mixture, and cook on low for 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Check the beef at 3 hours. It should be easily torn apart with a fork but not falling apart at the touch.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup of the broth from the slow cooker and the corn starch in a small bowl until completely combined. Pour the mixture back into the slow cooker and gently stir until mixed. Add the broccoli and stir gently to coat in the sauce.
- Cook another 20-25 minutes until broccoli is tender. Serve immediately over cooked white rice and top with chives and sesame seeds to garnish.