One pot french toast recipe with berries. Done in 30 minutes without the messy skillet!
- 12 ounces artisan cinnamon raisin bread, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- Fresh berries, powdered sugar to garnish
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart round baking pan (I used one of my cake pans). Place the instant pot steam rack into a 6-qt instant pot. Pour in 1 1/2 cups water. Cut out 2-3 strips of foil, about 16 inches long and 3 inches wide. Crisscross the foil strips and place the baking pan on top. Lift and transfer the pan using the foil strips and place it onto the steam rack.
- Place about a third of the bread in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Top with half of the frozen berries. Repeat for another layer of bread and berries. Top with remaining third of the bread pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and honey until smooth. Pour over the layered bread and berries (the pan will be very full). Press the top layer of bread down to even out custard mix.
- Lock the instant pot lid in place. Using the manual setting, set the instant pot on high pressure to cook for 20 minutes. Once finished cooking, let sit for 5 minutes before quick releasing the pressure valve. Carefully open the lid and remove the pan from the instant pot using the foil strips. Loosely cover and let cool for 10 minutes to let everything settle before serving.
- Top with powdered sugar, fresh berries, butter, syrup, you name it!