- 28 ounces white beans (cannellini beans), drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, quartered and diced
- 2 celery ribs, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until somewhat softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the white wine and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the corn and zucchini. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is softened.
- Stir in fresh corn and zucchini. Simmer another 5-7 minutes until corn and zucchini are softened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh parsley.