- 1 batch homemade chai tea, strained and warmed
- 2 cups milk (I used nonfat)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed (use 2 tablespoons if you like a spicer chai, and go up to a 1/3 of a cup if you like a sweeter chai)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat milk, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in corn starch until completely combined. Scald mixture but do not boil.
- Stir chai tea batch into pumpkin and milk mixture. Using an immersion blender, standing blender*, or a whisk, blend until frothy. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Pour into favorite mug, top with a dollop of whipped cream, a pinch of cinnamon and a little raw cane sugar. Serve immediately.
*If using a standing blender, be sure to let the latte cool somewhat before blending. If it’s still steaming hot, the pressure of the heat will blow the top right off of the blender when you press blend!