- 3 lbs red potatoes, diced (no need to peel!)
- 1 1/2 cups milk + extra as needed
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- Turn on and grease the inside of the slow cooker with a little bit of the butter. Add potatoes, milk and garlic to the slow cooker. Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours on high, or 7-8 on low.
- Mash the potatoes right in the slower cooker. Add the butter and sour cream, mash to combine.
- Stir in cheeses until completely mixed.
- Add more milk if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep slow cooker on warm and with lid on until ready to serve. Top with fresh chives, fresh ground black pepper, and, of course, a little more butter!
*There may be some browned milk on the sides of your slow cooker when its finished. It's actually quite tasty and just changes color. I actually mix it into the mashed potatoes but feel free to just scrape it off and discard it if desired.