- Your favorite boozy root beer (I used Not Your Father's Root Beer)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Make the ice cream: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and vanilla paste on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan or other freezer safe container, and freeze at least 4 hours for soft-serve style or for 6 hours, up to overnight.
- Assemble the floats: Scoop out ice cream into a chilled glass about half way. Tilt the glass and slowly pour boozy root beer over the ice cream. I filled mine to the brim! Enjoy immediately.
Once the ice cream is frozen, cover tightly with saran wrap to keep it fresh in the freezer longer!