For the Steak
- 3/4 – 1 lbs sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Quesadillas
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned fire roasted corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Limes wedges and fresh minced cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together all spices and salt for the steak. Generously coat steak with spice blend.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear steak, no more than 3 minutes per side. The steak will cook more in the oven so make sure it’s just a sear! Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes while prepping quesadillas.
- Place 2 tortillas on the prepared sheet and sprinkle each one with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and avocado.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Place slices on top of the loaded tortillas.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over both quesadillas and cover with remaining tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melted and tortillas are warmed through.
- Remove from oven and slice as desired. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges, a dollop of sour cream and your favorite salsa and guacamole!