- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzle
- 2–3 chicken cutlets*
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays), more if desired.
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 cup gouda, grated
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper as desired
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Marinate chicken in 1/2 cup BBQ sauce for 25-30 minutes.
- Roll pizza dough into a 12″ circle. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Make chicken: Drizzle a little olive oil into a skillet and cook chicken over medium-high heat until the inside is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Once cooled, slice into bite size pieces.
- Remove pizza dough from the fridge. Gently brush with a drizzle of olive oil then spread remaining BBQ sauce, leaving the edges sauce free.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the gouda all over the pizza, again leaving the edges clean to create a crust.
- Top with chicken and red onion. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place the pizza on a round pizza pan, or baking sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and top with cilantro and pepper. Serve immediately.
*If you’re using already cooked chicken, toss it in a 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce (skipping the marinating) and continue with the recipe.