For the Bake
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 30 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 small roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 16 ounces medium picante sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mexican spice blend
- 3 cups shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
- 1 avocado, diced
- Cilantro, green onion to garnish
For the Homemade Mexican Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook rotini to al dente according to box instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, black beans, corn, bell pepper, tomato, picante sauce, spice blend and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and evenly distribute. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, and green onion.