- 9 cups day old sourdough bread, roughly diced (about 1 artisan loaf)
- 2 ribs celery, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Coarse salt, fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and cook until softened and onions start to become translucent, about 6-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together bread, apples, cranberries, cooked onion and celery, and fresh herbs.
- Add half of the chicken broth to the mixture and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and the rest of the chicken broth. Pour into the bread mixture, and stir until completely combined.
- Add a couple pinches of salt and pepper, and stir until combined.
- Pour stuffing into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve immediately.