- 8 strips raw bacon
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 6 cups packed kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4–6 eggs
- olive oil for extra drizzling
- salt to taste
- 2 green onion stalks, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place strips of bacon in a large (at least 10 inch), oven safe skillet. Cook over medium low heat on both sides until cooked through but not yet crispy. Remove from heat to a paper towel lined plate and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan. When the bacon is cool enough to handle, roughly dice.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add sweet potatoes and cook for 7- 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until starting to soften.
- Add the onion, garlic, cumin, cinnamon, black pepper, and a pinch of salt, for another 7-8 minutes, until sweet potatoes are fork tender. If your pan starts to get dry, drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Add the kale, about 3 cups at a time, during the last 5 minutes of cooking, stirring frequently. Add the cooked, diced bacon during the last minute of cooking, stirring frequently. Drizzle with a little olive oil, stir to combined and remove from heat. Add salt to taste.
- Using a spoon, create 4 to 6 holes (depending on how many eggs you want) in the hash mixture for the eggs. Crack one egg into each hole.
- Place in the preheat oven and cook for 8 minutes, until egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper, and sliced green onion.