For the Salad
- 1 lb cooked sliced chicken breast, optional
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 lb yams, diced
- 1 bunch green kale, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch purple kale, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red quinoa
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 ounces chèvre goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
For the Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease a large baking pan.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, mustard and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Toss brussel sprouts in a large bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Pour onto prepared pan. Toss yams in the same bowl with a pinch of salt, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a drizzle of olive oil. Pour onto the pan.
- Arrange the yams and brussel sprouts into an even layer and place on a middle rack in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and set aside on a wire rack to cool. Keep the oven on.
- While vegetables are cooking, add quinoa and 1 cup water to a small pot. Bring to a boil, simmer for 15 minutes, until bran on quinoa is obviously visible. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds for 1-2 minutes in the oven. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together kale, quinoa, yams, brussel sprouts, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries with the vinaigrette. Top with chèvre cheese and serve.