For the Crust
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
For the Filling
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioner’s sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Make the crust: In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the salt and sugar and, using the paddle attachment, stir in flour and salt until combined.
- Press the crust mixture firmly onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish, evenly covering the surface.
- Place on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until just turning golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While crust is cooling, make the filling: In a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest until completely combined. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Place on a middle rack in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set (a little jiggle is ok, it will firm up more as it cools). If the top starts to brown, place a piece of foil gently over the top of the baking pan.
- Remove and let cool. Once the pan is cool, cut into desired bar shape and dust with confectioner’s sugar.