For the Sandwiches
- 1 cup cheddar and monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 8 raw bacon strips
- 4 english muffins, cut in half
For the Chipotle Sauce
- 1 chipotle in adobo, most seeds removed (can slowly add back in until you reach desired spicy level)
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay bacon strips on top. Place in refrigerator until ready to bake.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese blend, and black pepper until combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Put both the casserole dish and the bacon sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs are set and bacon is cooked to desired crispiness. Put English muffins in the oven for the last 3-4 minutes to toast.
- While the bacon and the eggs are cooking, make the Chipotle sauce: Add Chipotle adobo pepper, Chipotle adobo sauce, garlic, yogurt and cilantro to the food processor and pulse until completely combined. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Remove bacon to a surface lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel and set aside.
- Using a knife or a cookie cutter, cut circles out of the egg scramble casserole that are about the same size as the english muffins.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Place one egg scramble circle on one half of a freshly toasted english muffin. Add a sprinkle of the remaining cheese and then spread a large dollop of Chipotle sauce on top. Add a couple bacon strips and garnish with fresh cilantro. Top with the other half of the english muffin and serve immediately.