- 2 bunches kale, stems removed, massaged, and leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 red beets, greens removed
- 2 gold beets, greens removed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil. Pour pine nuts onto the sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until just starting to brown and are fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add beets to a large pot and cover with water with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for about 40 minutes, until the beets are soft enough to pierce with a fork but not soft enough to break apart. Remove from heat and run under cool water. Peel off easily removable skin with your hands or a spoon and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt, and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, beets, arils and pine nuts. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. If it looks a little dry, add a little more dressing. Serve slightly chilled.