- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, between 10-12 ounces (I used Gorditos)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups tomatillo verde salsa, homemade or store bought
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, queso fresco, sour cream, avocado jalapeno to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish.
- Place the tortilla chips on the bottom of the pan, saving a handful for later.
- Sprinkle black beans and half the cheese and pour tomatillo salsa over the mixture.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chips and cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden, tomatillo sauce is bubbling around the edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, queso fresco, avocado and jalapeno. Serve immediately.