- 24–28 corn tortillas
- 3 1/2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon El Pato or your favorite Jalapeño sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 1/2 cups sweet yellow corn kernels, cooked
- 2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and monterey jack cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro, diced for garnish
- Green onion, thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease a 9X13 casserole dish and set aside.
- Combine enchilada sauce and El Pato in a bowl until fully mixed.
- Lay 8 tortillas on the bottom of the pan (overlapping is fine).
- Spread about 1 1/2 cup of the mixed sauce onto the tortillas, fully coating them.
- Sprinkle half the beans, half the corn, and half the of the bell pepper on top of the sauced tortillas and top with a third of the cheese blend.
- Repeat the layering process starting again with the tortillas, then add sauce, then the rest of the beans, bell pepper, corn, and another third of the cheese.
- Top this second layer with another 8 tortillas. Coat with the remaining sauce and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven for 45 – 55 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling, cheese is melted and the middle is cooked through.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.