- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, vanilla extract and salt. Stir in zucchini, applesauce, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. If using the chocolate chips, stir them in here.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Turn loaf out onto a wire rack and cool for another 5 minutes.