- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Paprika, for sprinkling
- Cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- Ground black pepper, for sprinkling
- Fresh dill, minced, for garnish
- Fresh chives, minced, for garnish
- Fill a large saucepan with cold water about half way to top (high enough to cover eggs completely).
- Place eggs in water, then turn the heat on medium-high and cook for 20 minutes.
- Run eggs under cold water. When they are cool to the touch, carefully crack each one on a counter top, and gently peel off the shells.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove egg yolks to a medium bowl or food processor. .
- Add the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, dried mustard, and salt to the yolks. Mash together using a fork or a food processor until fully combined. If the mixture is too dry, add more mayonnaise (and salt to taste).
- Either by the heaping spoonful or by piping, refill the egg whites.
- Sprinkle each with a pinch of paprika, cayenne and black pepper. Garnish with dill and chives. Chill until ready to serve.