For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
For the Pasta:
- 1 lb linguini
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces, seasoned with coarse salt and ground black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10–15 whole Chinese dried red chili peppers
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups green onions, diced into 1/2 inch to 1 inch pieces
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and, stirring, brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Add garlic and saute for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Pour in sauce mixture and heat until thickened.
- Add the peanuts, red peppers and green onions and, while stirring, cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the cook pasta and linguini. Stir until completely combined and everything is heated through. Serve immediately.