It’s homemade pizza night! Introducing my favorite version to date, the cheesy pepperoni mushroom pizza 😍.
Until recent years, I had an avid dislike of mushrooms. The name, the texture, the taste, the whole thing. Could. Not. Stand. Mushrooms.
And eggplant. But that’s another story.
Not really sure what happened but now I find them delicious! Adult taste buds I suppose? TBH I still get really confused when I see raw, sliced white mushrooms on salads. Definitely a solid nope for me. But sauté them with garlic and herbs in olive oil? Absolutely!
Now let’s put those sautéed mushrooms…on a pizza! Add together with fresh cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced mini pepperoni, a sprinkling of fresh herbs, and of course, ALL the cheese for the perfect slice.
PS. Not to worry. I’m pretty certain I’ll never end up putting broccoli on pizza (any Inside Out fans here??). At least for now 😅.
Catch this cheesy pepperoni mushroom recipe below!Print
Dress up pizza night with homemade dough and sautéed garlic and herb mushrooms. Simple, fun, and family friendly!
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup homemade or your favorite store-bought marinara sauce
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 35–40 of your favorite mini pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil + extra for drizzle
- Fresh oregano and basil roughly chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Roll pizza dough into a 12″ circle. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Cook mushrooms: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until softened about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Remove pizza dough from the fridge. Gently brush with a drizzle of olive oil then spread marinara sauce, leaving the edges of the pizza sauce free.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Top with cooked mushrooms, pepperoni, tomatoes, .
- Place the pizza on a round pizza pan, or baking sheet and put on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh herbs. Serve immediately.