- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract (optional – gives the bread even more orange flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a 9X5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in orange zest, and cranberries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and egg, until smooth. Whisk in orange juice, vanilla extract and orange extract until completely combined.
- Add the wet sugar mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in oven, or until bread springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Let stand 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool..