I’m pretty sure I’m the WORST when it comes to summer. Everyone is out enjoying the wonderful sunshine and I just want to hide in my house until the gray skies come back. When it first starts off in June it’s all sunny BBQs, beach time by the Sound, and I must admit, being able to leave for work without wearing all the layers is pretty nice. But after about a week of the weather, I’m just. So. Done.
I’m sure you’re yelling “BLASPHEMY ABERDEEN!” at your screen right now. Like I said, I’m the worst at summer. I’ve already been aching for autumn since the day after the 4th of July.
So how to fix this? Because obviously, this cannot continue. I still have the month of August and probably most of September to get through until fall really hits. Something super awesome is happening in September though 👰🏼💍 so I’m not too concerned about that month 😍.
But August. I’m going to need something to help cool down those dog days of summer….and I think I’ve figured it out: Boozy Root Beer Floats with No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream to the rescue!
So you might be aware of my love for homemade no-churn ice cream by now. I discovered it last summer when I was dying of beautiful sunshine and warm weather. It’s just amazing. SO easy to make, and so few ingredients! Today, we’re going with straight, classic vanilla so we can make those boozy root beer floats.
Honestly, my favorite thing about these is that I get dessert, a nice, relaxing beverage, and something cold, at the end of these hot summer days all in one! Plus, they remind me of childhood birthday parties and trips to the pizza place. Pizza and beer is a pretty classic combination, but when I was a kid? It was all about that root beer. So even though these ones might be boozy root beer floats, it’s like I’m 10 all over again at Round Table Pizza. But even better, because its boozy 🙌🏻😆.
PS. Even though the title of this post is Boozy Root Beer Floats, that no-churn vanilla ice cream certainly isn’t. Kids are more than welcome to enjoy a non-alcoholic root beet float, and can even help out with the ice cream making! Win win 👊🏻.
- Your favorite boozy root beer (I used Not Your Father's Root Beer)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- Make the ice cream: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and vanilla paste on a medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan or other freezer safe container, and freeze at least 4 hours for soft-serve style or for 6 hours, up to overnight.
- Assemble the floats: Scoop out ice cream into a chilled glass about half way. Tilt the glass and slowly pour boozy root beer over the ice cream. I filled mine to the brim! Enjoy immediately.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to take a photo and tag it with #aberdeenskitchen. I can't wait to see what you cook up!