Are you looking for an easy, filling, 30 minutes or less recipe for dinner? Simple prep and not a lot of clean up? Well, today I gotcha covered! Because I needed a nice, easy breezy meal that would keep me full, keep the kitchen decent, and not take me forever to make. And guess what?
Success!!! Meet these 30 Minute Loaded Steak Quesadillas 👏🏻😎.
Loaded you ask? Not only are these steak quesadillas layered with a pound of top sirloin, there’s also black beans, fire roasted corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and of course, two layers of cheese. This amount of goodness brings the basic cheese quesadilla up a bit higher in the world wouldn’t you agree? Like “Instead of as a snack…I’m going to make steak quesadillas for DINNER!” level.
Speaking of steak, I went a crazy easy route. No marinating, no slow cooking, nothing. A regular sirloin, coated in spices (mexican spice blend for the win!) and quickly seared in a pan, 3 minutes max on each side. Thinly slice against the grain and that’s it! Layer them in your quesadilla and throw the whole thing in the oven.
Not into rare steak? Noooo worries! The steak is only quickly seared on the stove because it’ll cook more in the oven, closer to the medium rare and medium range.
Ok so. Wednesday night 30 Minute Loaded Quesadillas anyone?? Serve with a dollop of sour cream, your favorite salsa and guac, and an on the rocks margarita!Print
For the Steak
- 3/4 – 1 lbs sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Quesadillas
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned fire roasted corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- Limes wedges and fresh minced cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together all spices and salt for the steak. Generously coat steak with spice blend.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear steak, no more than 3 minutes per side. The steak will cook more in the oven so make sure it’s just a sear! Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes while prepping quesadillas.
- Place 2 tortillas on the prepared sheet and sprinkle each one with 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, corn, black beans, and avocado.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain. Place slices on top of the loaded tortillas.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over both quesadillas and cover with remaining tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melted and tortillas are warmed through.
- Remove from oven and slice as desired. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges, a dollop of sour cream and your favorite salsa and guacamole!