Merry almost Christmas Eve!!! Just two days till Christmas! So remember how I hinted at a Christmas happy hour in my Gingerbread Waffle post? Well, I decided to share this recipe a day earlier than I usually do just to make sure there’s time for you to enjoy this festive beverage on either/both Christmas Eve and Christmas: Cranberry Pomegranate Prosecco Sparklers!
By the by, do you have fun plans for the holidays this year?? I’m headed back up to Anacortes to stay with the fam, even my sister is in town! It’s also been snowing like crazy up there so I can’t wait to get all snuggled up by the fire and the Christmas tree, and watch the weather go by outside while reading, cooking, and staying toasty warm indoors. ALL the relaxing 😴.
Anyhoo, these Cranberry Pomegranate Prosecco Sparklers. Aren’t they fun?!? I’d been perusing holiday drinks back in November and after quite a few crazy ideas, I decided to keep it simple yet fun. A quick pomegranate and cranberry simple syrup is all that’s needed for that ombre red at the bottom of the glass. After that, pour in some prosecco, garnish, and enjoy!
Easy peez and perfect for the holidays. Cranberry Pomegranate Prosecco Sparklers even work for New Year’s Eve if you want to add a little pizzazz to your midnight champagne toast!Print
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Pomegranate seeds
- Red sanding sugar
- Make the cranberry pomegranate simple syrup: In a small pot, heat pomegranate juice and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently. Add cranberries and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Strain out cranberries, and cool completely before use.
- Pour sanding sugar onto a plate. Run the inside of a lemon over the rim of each champagne flute and dip the rim onto the sugar plate, coating it in sugar.
- Add 1 to 1/2 teaspoons cranberry pomegranate simple syrup to each champagne flute. Pour Prosecco on top, garnish with fresh mint sprig and pomegranate seeds.